- Decision COP 4(5) Punta Del Este Declaration on the Implementation of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control
- Decision COP 4(18) Cooperation between the Convention Secretariat and the World Trade Organization
- Decision COP5(15) Cooperation between the Convention Secretariat, the World Health Organization, the World Trade Organization and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
- Decision COP6(18) Issues related to implementation of the WHO FCTC and settlement of disputes concerning the implementation or application of the Convention
- Decision COP6(19) Trade and investment issues, including international agreements, and legal challenges in relation to implementation of the WHO FCTC
- Decision COP7(21) Trade and investment issues, including agreements, and legal challenges in relation to the implementation of the WHO FCTC
McCabe Centre papers
- The Award on the Merits in Philip Morris v. Uruguay: implications for WHO FCTC implementation
- The High Court of Justice decision on UK standardized packaging: Key points for other jurisdictions
- The Australia – Plain Packaging disputes at the WTO: a summary and stocktake after the final Appellate Body decision
WHO papers and reports
- World Health Organization, Confronting the tobacco epidemic in a new era of trade and investment liberalization (2012)
- World Health Organization (Regional Office for Europe), Tobacco Control Playbook (2016) http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/disease-prevention/tobacco/policy/tobacco-control-playbook
- World Health Organization, Plain packaging of tobacco products: evidence, design and implementation (2016) http://www.who.int/tobacco/publications/industry/plain-packaging-tobacco-products/en/
- World Health Organization, Tobacco plain packaging: global status update (2018) https://www.who.int/tobacco/publications/industry/tobacco-plain-packaging-global-status-update/en/
- Pan-American Health Organization, Manual for Developing Tobacco Control Legislation in the Region of the Americas: http://www.paho.org/hq/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=24890&Itemid=270&lang=en
- World Health Organization, Litigation Relevant to Regulation of Novel and Emerging Nicotine and Tobacco Products (2021) https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/340412/9789240020368-eng.pdf
- Voon et al (eds). Public Health and Plain Packaging of Cigarettes: Legal Issues. Edward Elgar, 2012.
- Davison M, Emerton P. Rights, privileges, legitimate interests, and justifiability: Article 20 of TRIPS and plain packaging of tobacco. American University International Law Review. 2014, 29.3: 505-580.
- Voon T, Mitchell A. The Global Tobacco Epidemic and the Law. Edward Elgar, 2014.
- See in particular Jonathan Liberman, The Power of the WHO FCTC: Understanding its Legal Status and Weight, in Andrew Mitchell and Tania Voon (eds), The Global Tobacco Epidemic and the Law (Edward Elgar, UK, 2014)
- Zhou S, Wakefield M, A Global Public Health Victory for Tobacco Plain-Packaging Laws in Australia (2018) 179 JAMA Internal Medicine 137.
- Zhou S, Liberman J, Public Health, Intellectual Property, and the Trade and Investment Law Challenges to Australia and Uruguay's Tobacco Packaging Laws (2020) 37 Australian Year Book of International Law Online 63.