- The report on "Economic Burden of Tobacco Related Diseases in India" has been developed by Public Health Foundation, India with support from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India and the WHO country office for India. [PDF]
- Global Adult Tobacco Survey (GATS-2), India, 2016-17. [PDF]
- Smokeless Tobacco and Public Health in India: Executive Summary [PDF]
- National Cancer Institute and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Smokeless Tobacco and Public Health: A Global Perspective. Bethesda, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute. NIH Publication No. 14-7983; 2014. [PDF]
- WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION INTERNATIONAL AGENCY FOR RESEARCH ON CANCER LYON, FRANCE, 2004, IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans ,VOLUME 85, Betel-quid and Areca-nut Chewing and Some Areca-nut-derived Nitrosamines.[PDF]
- WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION INTERNATIONAL AGENCY FOR RESEARCH ON CANCER LYON, FRANCE, 2007, IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans, VOLUME 89, Smokeless Tobacco and Some Tobacco-specific N-Nitrosamines.[PDF]
- WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION INTERNATIONAL AGENCY FOR RESEARCH ON CANCER LYON, FRANCE, 2012, IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans, VOLUME 100E, Personal Habits and Indoor Combustions. [PDF]
- Suzanne Nethan, Dhirendra Sinha, Ravi Mehrotra. Non Communicable Disease Risk Factors and their Trends in India. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, Vol 18. DOI:10.22034/APJCP.2017.18.7.2005. [PDF]
- Devika Bhatt, Shashi Sharma, Ruchika Gupta, Dhirendra N. Sinha, and Ravi Mehrotra. Predictors of Hypertension among Nonpregnant Females Attending Health Promotion Clinic with Special Emphasis on Smokeless Tobacco: A Cross-Sectional Study. BioMed Research International, vol. 2017. doi:10.1155/2017/8765217. Article ID: 8765217, 5 pages, 2017. [PDF]
- Sinha DN, Gupta PC, Kumar A, Bhartiya D, Agarwal N, Sharma S, Singh H, Parascandola M, Mehrotra R. The Poorest of Poor Suffer the Greatest Burden from Smokeless Tobacco Use: A Study from 140 countries. Accepted in Nicotine Tob Res
- Sinha DN, Kumar A, Bhartiya D, Sharma S, Gupta PC, Singh H, Mehrotra R. Smokeless Tobacco Use Among Adolescents in Global Perspective. Nicotine Tob Res. 2017 Jan 19. doi: 10.1093/ntr/ntx004. PubMed PMID:28180905.
- Sinha DN, Bhartiya D, Kumar A, Singh H, Mehrotra R. Men in Myanmar submerged in tobacco; women following. Nicotine Tob Res. 2016 Dec 7. pii: ntw314. PubMed PMID: 27928049.
- Sinha DN, Suliankatchi RA, Gupta PC, Thamarangsi T, Agarwal N, Parascandola M, Mehrotra R. Global burden of all-cause and cause-specific mortality due to smokeless tobacco use: systematic review and meta-analysis. Tob Control. 2016 Nov 30. pii: tobaccocontrol-2016-053302. doi: 10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2016-053302. PubMed PMID: 27903956.
Facts & Figures
Change in Smoking and Smokeless Tobacco Use among Adults (25-64 years) in Myanmar
Smokeless Tobacco Use